Last year, the Advertising Research Foundation received government permission to establish the ARF Charitable Foundation, a fully tax-deductible 501(c)3 subsidiary with the mission: to improve the quality and diversity of the future workforce available to the advertising, media and research/analytics industries. ARF WIDE – the Workforce Initiative for Diversity and Excellence – is a major step toward fulfilling that mission.
What Does WIDE Do?
- Provides scholarships and fellowships to encourage students from disadvantaged backgrounds to complete their schooling
- Identifies economically disadvantaged students with interest in research/analytics through direct pipelines to state and junior colleges
- Connects ARF Scholars to apprenticeships and internships in ARF-affiliated companies
- Provides supplemental training in the ARF disciplines through ARF Education Initiative
- Connects ARF Scholars to peer networks through other ARF programs:
- Connects ARF Scholars to mentors in ARF-affiliated companies
- Helps companies in our ecosystem realize their diversity goals
Who is WIDE For?
College and Junior College students who are any of the following:
- From minority groups
- From low-income families
- From disadvantaged areas
- First-generation college students
Why WIDE Is Especially Needed NOW:
- Low-income families have been particularly impacted by the COVID-19 recession
- Economic stress on low-income families is causing many students to consider discontinuing their schooling
- Even modest financial support can make a huge difference
Companies, foundations and individuals can all contribute to ARF WIDE:
- ARF WIDE plans to award its first scholarships this fall so fundraising is the first priority
- ARF President Scott McDonald has offered to make a personal contribution to ARF WIDE as a dollar-for-dollar challenge grant, up to $150,000, for contributions made prior to Labor Day
- Also, the ARF David Ogilvy Awards 2020 will be a fundraiser for ARF WIDE
How You Can Help:
- Write a check now!
- Recruit your company to become a founding supporter
- Introduce us to your company’s Chief Diversity Officer and/or philanthropic arm
- Companies contributing $25k or more will be recognized at the 2020 ARF David Ogilvy Awards
- Volunteer to be a mentor
- Become a teacher in the ARF Education Initiative
- Help us place an ARF Scholar in an internship or an apprenticeship at your company
- Help us identify foundations and individuals who want to DO something about improving diversity
To get involved or learn more about WIDE, please contact us at WIDE@thearf.org.
ARF WIDE is currently accepting personal and corporate donations. For more information on how to donate, contact WIDE@thearf.org.
Please note, ARF WIDE is a 501(c)3 tax exempt charitable organization. Contributions to ARF WIDE are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.