Submitter Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the schedule to submit content or award entries?
- September – October
Call for Content – This is our largest call to the industry and will be specifically considered for presentations at the AUDIENCExSCIENCE conference. Free to apply.
- December – February
Great Mind Awards – Winners honored at a luncheon during the AUDIENCExSCIENCE conference. Free to apply.
- March – May
ARF David Ogilvy Awards – celebrating the critical role of research and data behind effective advertising campaigns. $695 for members and $895 for non-members to apply.
The JAR has a rolling call for content and you can contact Nanette Burns for more information.
2. Is there a limit to the amount of submissions I can enter?
No, there is no limit on the number of submissions you can enter for any program..
3. Is there a limit to the amount of submissions my company can enter?
No, there is no limit to the number of submissions from your company for any program.
4. Is there a fee to enter my research/award entries?
At this time, the only program application that has a fee attached is the ARF David Ogilvy Awards – $695 for members and $895 for non-members per campaign.
5. Can I make edits to my submission in the submission portal?
You can only make edits to your submission when you SAVE & CONTINUE LATER. Your submission is not considered final (and will not be reviewed) until you SAVE & SUBMIT. You cannot edit anything once you SAVE & SUBMIT as judges will have access to the paper immediately after you submit to score.
6. Can I include a full paper/presentation?
There are specific criteria for each call for content and award application. Be sure to reference this before applying. For the annual Call for Content, we can only accept the required Call for Content form on our template. Full research papers or presentations will not be considered.
7. Will I receive a confirmation email?
When you create a submission or award application, you will receive a confirmation email.
8. Do I use myARF credentials to access the submission portals? What if I don’t have a MyARF account?
Yes, all of our content platforms are connected to your MyARF account. When starting an entry or submission, you will be promoted to enter your MyARF credentials (unless you are already logged in). If you don’t have a MyARF account, you can create one by going to the top right-hand corner of our website and choose the “person” icon. You can still create an account even if you are not a member of the ARF.
9. I keep getting errors when trying to submit, what could be the problem?
Errors often occur if you are not using a compatible browser. Make sure you are using one of the below:
- Chrome version 22.x (November 2012 ) or higher
- Firefox version 16.x (November 2012) or higher
- Internet Explorer Version 9.x (March 2011) or higher
Errors can also occur if you are logged into multiple browsers. Make sure you are not signed in in multiple windows or tabs.
10. When will I know the status of my submission?
The ARF and the assigned committees review content on different schedules. Typically:
- Call for Content
Review takes place during November-December. Entrants notified in January.
- Great Mind Awards
Review takes place during February-March. Entrants notified by late March.
- ARF David Ogilvy Awards
Review takes place for Category Jurors in June-July. Grand Jurors review in August. Entrants notified in July-August.
11. How is my submission scored?
Each content platform has separate criteria for their assigned committees. Go to their webpages to learn more or contact email@example.com for specific questions.
12. Is there a maximum number of presenters I can include in the Call for Content application?
For a typical presentation, one to two presenters are preferred and client presenters are highly encouraged by the Board of Curators. If you’re proposing a panel, workshop, or other alternative session, we suggest no more than four to five presenters.
13. What happens after I get selected?
The ARF will reach out with details including all deadlines and deliverables beginning at the selection process to the date of your final presentation. Stay tuned!
14. Who do I contact if I have any questions?
You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.